Friday 27 May 2016

Stop Motion Animation reviews

My stop motion animation that I created was a time lapse drawing of Levi Jones from The Tide, the video I then mixed with a portion of the song Young Love by The Tide.
Personally I believed that my animation was rather basic. I liked the sound mix and the editing as I tried to not stop or start the song in the middle of a word. I did not believe that it had a storyline and I did not think it was the best quality compared to what animation can be.
This is the feedback that I received about my animation:

I put the numbers of feedback into the Apple Numbers app as a spreadsheet:

And then used this same app to convert this table into a bar chart:

The results from my questionnaire were good and based on 6 people answering the questions, 4 people believed that the quality of my animation was good and 2 people believed it was excellent. 1 person believed my sound was satisfactory, 4 people believed it was good and 1 person believed it was excellent. 2 people believed that my editing was satisfactory, 3 people believed it was good and 1 person believed it was excellent. 2 people believed my storyline was satisfactory, 3 people believed it was good and 1 person believed it was excellent.

Taking consideration from the feedback, if I had to do it again the categories I would work on the most would be sound, editing, and storyline, however it is rather difficult to get a storyline into an animation. I would also ask more people and different people for feedback to keep it fair.
To make my timelapse drawing look more professional I could have taken more time on my drawing rather than rushing it, however that depended on deadlines, as well as talent. The sound and editing in the video below is very good also, so if I were to redo my time lapse assignment, next time I would aim to get my work closer to this level than the level of mine now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIaEaB3tbWc



















No comments:

Post a Comment